We are giving away a pair of tickets to Power of the Purse Gala on March 6. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Monday, March 2.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!

Girls Inc Power of the HousePower of the Purse
March 6, 2015
4:30 p.m. Doors, 7 p.m. Dinner & Live Auction | $40 Boutique / $175+ Boutique + Gala
More info: girlsincpnw.org

Portland Hilton
921 SW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97204
(503) 226-1611

Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest invites local women and men to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Power of the Purse, a fundraiser to benefit Girls Inc. programs created from research-based curricula that equip girls with the confidence and self-esteem to drive toward a bright and economically-independent future.

The gala will include both a live auction and silent auction, boutique shopping, a fashion show featuring Girls Inc. girls modeling specially-designed purses, and dinner and drinks.

As in years prior, Power of the Purse 2015 will feature 15 Purse-o-nalities matched with 15 hand-picked designers to create one-of-a-kind purses that will be auctioned off during the event. The unique designs will tell the stories of each strong, smart, and bold Purse-o-nality and how their purse-everance lead them to where they are today.

Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest is excited to announce the following 2015 Purse-o-nalities: Venus Williams, professional tennis player; the von Trapps, musical group; Representative Suzanne Bonamici, Oregon’s 1st Congressional District; Chris McGowan, president and CEO of Portland Trail Blazers; Mike Golub and his wife Sam Shelhorse, president of Portland Timbers and Thorns; and Heather Killough, philanthropist and owner of Lucky Limousine, along with 8 other inspiring women and men.

The 2015 Power of the Purse designers tasked with representing the remarkable Purse-o-nalities include the Nike Bags Team, Ellington Handbags, Spooltown, and Minou-Minou among others.

The Purse-o-nalities are matched with one Girls Council girl, providing a unique opportunity to expand her world, learn about various careers, and develop relationships with successful women and men in the community. This mentor relationship allows the Girls Council girl to further develop her leadership skills and build confidence in her bright future.

Tickets are $40 (boutique admission only), $175 (individual ticket with boutique and gala admission), and $1,000 (double date with boutique and gala admission), and are available for purchase now on the Power of the Purse website.

Girls Inc. would like to thank its 2015 Power of the Purse sponsors: LifeMap, The Standard, Comcast, Heather Killough, Knowledge Universe, Hanna Andersson, Kaiser, Trail Blazers, Walsh Construction, and Portland Monthly.

, , , , , , , , , ,

38 Responses to Win Tickets ($80): Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest presents 2015 Power of the Purse Gala | Boutique, Dinner, Live Auction, Drinks, 15 Purse-o-nalities & More!

1. Lucas February 11, 2015 at 5:35 pm #

I want to check out All the Purse-o-nalities!!

2. Julie February 11, 2015 at 9:53 pm #

What an amazing event! Love the idea of supporting and empowering young women to be independent. Would be honored to attend this event! =)

3. Aurelia February 12, 2015 at 3:17 pm #

Would love to attend this event and support this great cause. Girls Inc. Rocks!

4. Sally February 12, 2015 at 5:35 pm #

Girls can do anything! Even win tickets! (I hope) thanks

5. Daisy Leonard February 12, 2015 at 5:56 pm #

I designed a poster for Girls Inc. In high school (over a decade ago!) I had forgotten about the organization. So glad to see it’s still alive and kickin (butt)!

6. Daisy Leonard February 12, 2015 at 5:57 pm #

P.s. hooray for girls!

7. Kris Padden February 13, 2015 at 1:40 pm #

GIRL POWER!!! I want to grab my purse and hear amazing stories about the lady mover and shakers in Portland

8. Lucy February 13, 2015 at 2:08 pm #

I love purses. I love revolution. I’d love to attend this.

9. Susan February 14, 2015 at 10:52 am #

This sounds awesome! Would love to attend. Girl power!!

10. Julie February 16, 2015 at 11:37 am #

I love auctions, purses and empowerment. What more could a girl ask for?

11. Chi February 16, 2015 at 4:22 pm #

GIRLS can do whatever they set their mind to!

12. Didi February 17, 2015 at 4:41 pm #

Yeah babe, this event is tailored for me…

13. Sara February 18, 2015 at 11:18 am #

My Daughter and I would love to see this event!! Love love love love love love

14. Bethany February 18, 2015 at 3:31 pm #

My friend works at a non profit that helps women in domestic violence situations. I know for a fact that she would be thrilled to attend this gala. I want to thank her for all her hard work and surprise her with these tickets. She also loves purses!!!

15. Liz K February 18, 2015 at 9:27 pm #

Girls on the run is a great organization!

16. Madeleine February 18, 2015 at 9:50 pm #

This sounds like such an empowering organization! I’d love to go and help support their mission.

17. brian February 19, 2015 at 9:39 am #

Yeah! Grrrrrl Power!

18. savannah February 19, 2015 at 9:51 am #

This is a fantastic event & what a fabulous way to celebrate 10 years of giving young ladies the POWER to grow, succeed & give back to the next generation of successful women.

19. Renata February 19, 2015 at 3:42 pm #

What a wonderful cause and event. Would love to attend to bid on some of the auction items!

20. Jenn February 19, 2015 at 3:43 pm #

Girls rock! I’d love to get involved with this event.

21. Kristy Alberty February 19, 2015 at 3:56 pm #

I would LOVE to take my 20-year old daughter to this event. Not only would it be fun for her, and myself, but a wonderful way to show her how Portland takes the issue of improving the self-esteem of young girls/women seriously.

As her mother, I can tell you that the fight to maintain her strong and radiant self-esteem was not easy. I give it all up to my daughter, but when she was 10 years old and worried about looking “too fat” (she was thin at the time), you wonder: What the hell brought us down to this level?

She’s a radiant and successful person who just started college. Her budget is tight, so attending this by purchasing tickets is not an option for her, or for me.

I’m sure every person on this thread would truly love to attend, but I know that this event would mean a lot to the two of us. Kudos to the sponsors of this event, to the organizers, and the “celebrities” who dedicate their support. Portland is an amazing place, and its wonderful just to know that events like this happen.

Please select us for this event? Peace!

22. Lori Caraballo February 19, 2015 at 6:07 pm #

This is such a good cause and I support the empowerment of our youth, particularly girls who are so impressionable. I’d love to be apart of this and support the cause. I also think it would be fun to volunteer! Thank you.

23. Carly February 20, 2015 at 3:37 pm #

This is awesome & I’d love to support this event!

24. wendy February 22, 2015 at 11:04 am #

Empowerment for women and inspiration for the future. :)

25. ellehim February 22, 2015 at 11:33 pm #

I’m a woman opening my own business focusing on personal empowerment and leadership development for girls and women and would love to learn more!

26. Ophelia February 23, 2015 at 10:56 am #

I’ve volunteered for this event before, but did not have the chance to see the presentation in my role. I’d love to go as an attendee this time!

27. Melissa February 24, 2015 at 1:45 pm #

My daughter participated in this event in 2012 and it was a wonderful event for her to be involved with! Empowering to say the least. I would love to take her as a mother-daughter night out for us now that she’s a few years older.

Thank you!

28. Isa February 24, 2015 at 2:14 pm #

Sounds pursolific! I’d love to save $ on the entry and use it toward the auctions or boutique shopping!

29. Ana February 25, 2015 at 7:02 pm #

I can’t think of a better way to support this cause then attending and bidding on some items!

30. Becca February 26, 2015 at 3:10 pm #

This is one of my favorites to volunteer for. Such an amazing organization!

31. Kimi February 26, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

I love this idea and really want to go to support the cause!

32. Ron T February 26, 2015 at 3:36 pm #

Though, I carry a man bag, the “Power of the Purse” makes my day.
    If chosen, I will offer my tickets to 2 lovely ladies that can relate to the cause.
    A fantastic organization, I believe that “they” would enjoy this event.

33. Nicole February 27, 2015 at 1:00 am #

I left home at the age of 16 to escape an intolerable cycle of abuse and neglect. No one protested my leaving, because no one in my family cared. I truly wish I had been able to connect with an organization like Girls Inc. I believe the work they do for young women is invaluable. I would love to attend this event and show my support to the people who are dedicated to helping young woman understand that they are precious, and powerful in this life.

• Nicole February 27, 2015 at 1:16 am #

What of moderation?

• Nicole February 27, 2015 at 1:18 am #

What sort of moderation?

34. Sara White February 27, 2015 at 6:07 am #

I would love to get tickets to this so that I can take my adopted daughter….ish with me. I work as an after school teacher in sw portland snd this girl is 11 years old, beautiful, smart, optimistic, a great sense of humor, kind, giving, and compassionate foe others. Turns out she lives with a distant relative because her parents lost custody of her and her brother when they were young. But when you meet her, you’d never guess. She’s happy, appreciative, and just has a great attitude. She recently left my program and went to middle school. I barely see her these days. But I remember how hard middle school was for me and I needed a mom, a big sister, anyone who would listen. I made all of my worst choices for the first time in middle school mostly because I was acting out for attention. My lil girl I’m afraid needs to be empowered so she doesn’t fall for middle school peer pressure. This may be just what ice been looking for to take her t

35. Sara White February 27, 2015 at 6:10 am #

I would love to get tickets to this so that I can take my adopted daughter….ish with me. I work as an after school teacher in sw portland and this girl is 11 years old, beautiful, smart, optimistic, a great sense of humor, kind, giving, and compassionate towards others. Turns out she lives with a distant relative because her parents lost custody of her and her brother when they were young. But when you meet her, you’d never guess. She’s happy, appreciative, and just has a great attitude. She recently left my program and went to middle school. I barely see her these days. But I remember how hard middle school was for me and I needed a mom, a big sister, anyone who would listen. I made all of my worst choices for the first time in middle school mostly because I was acting out for attention. My lil girl I’m afraid needs to be empowered so she doesn’t fall for middle school peer pressure. This may be just what I’ve been looking for to take her to

36. Cecilia March 4, 2015 at 8:50 am #