We are giving away a pair of tickets to the New Year’s Eve Cuban Salsa Dance Party Spectacular w/ Melao De Cuba Orchestra at Mississippi Pizza Pub in North Portland! To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend. We will draw and email the winner on Monday, December 22nd.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!

Melao De Cuba NYENYE Salsa Dance Spectacular
December 31, 2014
9:30 p.m. | $25 Door | 21+

Mississippi Pizza Pub
3552 North Mississippi Avenue
Portland, OR 97227

Melao de Cuba 100% Salsa Orchestra is a salsa band with a fierce horns section!!

Solid Salsa inspired beats with Afro-Cuban Rhythms that makes the audience get up and dance! A gozarrrrrr!

• Virginia López, Lead Vocals, percussion
  • Thomas García, Baritone Sax
  • Joel Riddell, Trumpet
  • Matt Warming, Trombone
  • Tony Gonzalez, Bongos & Salsa Dance Class
  • Art Alexander, Piano
  • Bryan Hopkins, Bass
  • Jay Machamer, Congas
  • Mimy Fikira, timbales
  • Lee Elderton, tenor sax

Salsa Dance Lesson with Tony Gonzalez, from Cuba, at 9:30pm included in the admission price.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

46 Responses to Win Tickets ($50): New Year’s Eve Cuban Salsa Dance Party Spectacular w/ Melao De Cuba Orchestra | Champagne Toast, Dance Lesson

1. Vi December 9, 2014 at 2:03 pm #

Let’s salsa!!! My husband and i need a night out!

2. Jen December 9, 2014 at 8:47 pm #

Just divorced! 2015 will be the best ever!!

• Denis Mortenson December 10, 2014 at 3:41 pm #

Hi Jen –

I have been divorced for ten years. Dance the blues away. You need these tickets almost more than me – but if I win I’ll let you know and we can salsa! — Denis

3. Amy December 9, 2014 at 11:30 pm #

Melao de Cuba is my favorite local band and I love Virginia! I am a single mama that needs a fun night.

4. Julie December 9, 2014 at 11:37 pm #

Because I desperately need a night out…and my best friend needs a salsa lesson!

5. Denis Mortenson December 10, 2014 at 3:47 pm #

I need to salsa again because it’s been over a year since I’ve been able to – (without dancing like Elaine on Seinfeld due to being hit by a car.)

I add salsa to everything. I even salsa dance while doing my horrible job at a factory where they make things like gizmos and the like. I need to get my gizmo on. Help me, and I’ll not disappoint you when I am on the floor screaming “Fiesta!” and all the Cubans are wanting to attack me.

I learned to salsa while on a semi trucks inner tube. There were seventy of us packed onto that inner tube and I was stepping on wooden cages that held baby pigs and parrots. I said to my amigo, “Dude, are we getting close to Havanna?” And he looks at me as says, “Are you loco? We’re on our way to Miami. . . .”

So, lay those tickets on me. I know this chick who wants to dance Cuban style.

• Jessica December 20, 2014 at 1:42 pm #

Now that they are lifting restrictions off Cuba, I need to get a dose of culture to prepare for a trip to Havana!

6. Connie Canarios December 10, 2014 at 10:44 pm #

I would love to be there to have the best time of my life. It will be the very first time for me to go out, dance, and see good old friends in a long, long, long time.

7. Teresa December 11, 2014 at 8:39 pm #

Would love to dance in the new year

8. rhianna December 12, 2014 at 7:44 am #

Caliente!

9. James December 12, 2014 at 10:36 am #

Salllllllllllllzzzzza!

10. Ashley Gilbertson December 12, 2014 at 7:12 pm #

It’s our first anniversary and we didn’t really have an actual wedding so it would be really great to do something fun!!!

11. Azizi December 12, 2014 at 9:16 pm #

Aw man! I love salsa music, I would just love to dance the entire night.

12. Tdelap December 14, 2014 at 10:24 am #

Will be visiting Portland for three holidays and can’t wait to explore the salsa scene!

13. Tdelap December 14, 2014 at 10:25 am #

Will be visiting Portland for the holidays and can’t wait to explore the salsa scene!

14. Molly December 14, 2014 at 3:43 pm #

Because my manfriend is coming from across the world to spend NYE with me and dancing to Melao is our very favorite thing :-)

15. Noah December 14, 2014 at 7:24 pm #

No really, I have great rhythm. Just can’t seem to get the salsa into my hips. I’d love another chance at it, I know I can do it. Thank you!

16. Haley December 15, 2014 at 1:03 pm #

December 31st will be our one year anniversary! Our first dance as husband and wife was a salsa–recreating it would be the perfect way to spend the night!

17. Gabe December 15, 2014 at 4:59 pm #

We would LOVE to go salsa dancing for New Year’s! My wife & I are newlyweds and she is DYING to go dancing, she never gets to go dancing nearly as much as she would like to & this would be an amazing surprise for our first New Year’s Eve as a married couple!!!

18. Tati December 16, 2014 at 9:05 pm #

Love Salsa! What a great night it would be!

19. Tracey woodford December 16, 2014 at 9:11 pm #

This sounds very chic and fun.

20. Hannah December 18, 2014 at 5:19 am #

Hey y’all. I’m young, broke, and absolutely in love with the most beautiful person in the whole entire world. Sadly, he lives far away, and I don’t get to see him enough. The good news is, we plan to ring in 2015 together, and since we’ve always talked about how much we suck at dancing but would like to not suck at dancing, this sounds like the perfect fit for our long-awaited reunion on New Year’s Eve! Please help me salsa with the love of my life!! We’re not afraid to make utter fools of ourselves in front of others. :)

21. Eve Kenyon December 18, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

Salsa is music comes from the soul, the spirit and the heart. It eases the mind. relaxes the body and heals the soul. Life has dealt me some tough stuff lately . . . a husband with dementia and my son took his own life. Some salsa would be very healing. Thanks for reading this.

22. Judy Zehr December 18, 2014 at 6:05 pm #

Oh my gosh, SALSA to bring in the New Year! What a perfect night!

23. Jeannette Lee December 19, 2014 at 1:43 am #

Gotta dance!

24. Duane Nelson December 19, 2014 at 6:00 pm #

My life is a high caliber adventure into the soul and evolution of consciousness. Salsa on New Years is part of that adventure and evolution! Great way to ring in the new year! Let’s dance!

25. Lynn S December 19, 2014 at 11:28 pm #

I like salsa dancing and salsa music!! I have the perfect friend in mind that I would invite!

26. Matu December 20, 2014 at 10:43 am #

I’m in…..I can just feel it!

27. Laura December 20, 2014 at 11:03 pm #

Please, por favor! Necesito salsa ;-) the only way to dance in the new year!

28. Dominic December 20, 2014 at 11:07 pm #

I would love to take my beautiful wife out for a night of salsa dancing, it would be such a great surprise if I won and a throw back to the night I proposed on the dance floor.

29. Beck December 21, 2014 at 7:13 am #

Salsa would be my New Years exercise. Bring it on!!!

30. shaylene December 21, 2014 at 8:43 am #

Super excited to see this.

31. Eleni December 21, 2014 at 8:48 am #

Today is my Birthday 53 years young! This would be the best birthday gift!

Salsa!!

32. Laura December 21, 2014 at 8:12 pm #

If I win I am going to spend all night on the dance floor! I love to salsa!

33. Scott McClain December 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm #

Our kids are now 10 and 13 and this is the first time in 8 years that we’re even considering going out for NEW YEARS. Also we have endured some of the worst NEW YEARS ever. Ice storms, the time we tried a club in a supermall, and the time when one of our friends found out her boyfriend had cheated. This is our time, nuestro tiempo, nuestra noche para bailar y disfrutar un evento estupendo. millones de Gracias!!

34. Katherine December 22, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

Husband is from Cuba, and coincidentally, we have been looking for a teacher so that we can learn Cuban salsa together. I love Cuban bands and songs, one of my faves is Chan chan chan.
    This would be amazing if we won these tickets and could celebrate the holidays and our anniversary learning and dancing Cuban salsa!

35. Araceli December 22, 2014 at 8:10 pm #

I love Salsa!

36. Annie December 23, 2014 at 2:37 pm #

Oh! My boyfriend asked for salsa lessons for Christmas and I never came through  This is my chance!

37. Kimberly December 23, 2014 at 7:08 pm #

Salsa. Nuff said.

38. Susie December 24, 2014 at 12:18 am #

I want to cut up a rug, while dancing the night away and connecting to my roots, on NYE!

39. Angie Kopshy December 24, 2014 at 5:49 pm #

I love to salsa. My boyfriend needs lessons. I <3 Mississippi Pizza.

40. Electra Langley December 26, 2014 at 4:17 pm #

If you pick me, I’ll shimmy my way all the the way into 2015 !

41. kyler dressel December 27, 2014 at 12:09 am #

Baila baila! We need this salsa night out!

42. Ben Bradea December 29, 2014 at 6:55 pm #

My wife would love me to learn some dance moves and salsa with her into 2015

43. Sharon December 31, 2014 at 9:21 am #

I’d love to celebrate renewed relations with Cuba, a new year and bring my daughter and her new boyfriend. Let’s dance away to hopeful beginnings!

44. THEO February 1, 2015 at 10:43 pm #

do you need your ex lover back to you now????and you want him to love you more and better…then contact this [email protected]