We are giving away 2 individual tickets to Quit Your Job & Start A Business @ Tabor Space on October 13. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Wednesday, October 8.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
From our sponsors:
Quit Your Job & Start A Business
October 13, 2104
6:30 to 8:30 PM | $45-$55
5441 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR 97215
More Info: QuitJobStartBiz.com
To quit your job and start a business is to take a leap of faith. Your heart says, “Go!”, but your brain says, “Whoa! Are you crazy?” After completing this workshop, you will learn how to make that leap less risky so that it’s more like leaping across your yard and not the Grand Canyon.
For more information, visit www.QuitJobStartBiz.com
What To Expect: The Life of an Entrepreneur – Entrepreneurs embark on a journey by blazing their own path. While no journey is the same, we’ll offer some insights and common elements so that you can:
- Get a sense of the entrepreneurial lifestyle
- Understand what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur
- Determine if this is a right journey for you
- Consider other options if entrepreneurship is not right for you at this moment
A Frank Discussion About Personal & Business Finances – “How do I fund my business and pay for my room and board?” is probably the number one question people have about starting a business. After this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Differentiate your personal and business finances
- Learn about the many options available to fund your business
- Prepare your finances to increase your chances of success
- Get a better sense when your finances are ready for you to take the leap
Preparing for the Leap: A 10 Step Action Plan – After this workshop, you’ll be able to start putting together your personal 10 step action plan preparing you for taking the leap. Actions include:
- Developing a Solid Business Plan
- Funding Your Business
- Assessing and Improving Your Skills
- Determining Whether Your Idea Has Merit
- Managing Your Employer
- And much much more…
Local Resources – Throughout the workshop you will also learn about the ton of resources available to you to help you along the way.