Call it a biergarten, drink a bier, and Prost! One and all are welcome to participate in the German celebration that is Oktoberfest. Begun as a wedding party for Germany’s Crown Prince Ludwig and Princess Therese in 1810, today Oktoberfest is celebrated all over the world with singing, beer, food and revelry – including here!
with live music by Chris Marshall and the August Light, Eric John Kaiser, Peter Pants, The Gravy, High Five Polka Band
September 27, 2014
Location: 3505 Pacific Ave, Forest Grove, OR 97116
More info: mcmenamins.com
- 1 p.m. ’til 3 p.m.: High Five Polka Band · At Pat’s Corner
- 3:30 p.m. ’til 4:45 p.m.: The Gravy · At Pat’s Corner
- 5:15 p.m. ’til 6:30 p.m.: Peter Pants · At Pat’s Corner
- 7 p.m. ’til 10 p.m.: Chris Marshall and the August Light · At Pat’s Corner
- 7 p.m. ’til 10 p.m.: Eric John Kaiser · At the Garage Door
Chris Marshall is a performing songwriter and singer whose band, The August Light, plays an earnest brand of rock, folk, and country. Chris has spent several years crafting his voice in the Portland, Oregon music scene, and lately has been gathering a cast of collaborators to flesh out the spirit of his sound and songs.
Since 2006, when French native, Eric John Kaiser, has moved from Paris to Portland (Oregon) he has logged every year close to 10,000 miles via air, land and sea. Exploring North America on multiple lengthy tours, he has gigged his way up through Canada and down through the South, as far as New Orleans and Washington D.C., where he performed as an “Artist in Residence” for the Smithsonian Museum.
with live music by Chervona, The Junebugs, The Talbott Brothers, Will West & The Friendly Strangers, Darka Dusky and the Borscht Beatniks, Three for Silver, Gypsy Caravan, Freak Mountain Ramblers, Julie McCarl and Friends, High Fives Polka Band, and Oktoberfest Golf Tourney
September 28, 2014
Location: 2126 SW Halsey St, Troutdale, OR 97060
More info: mcmenamins.com
- 11 a.m. ’til 1 p.m. · High Fives Polka Band · At the Loading Dock
- 1 p.m. ’til 2 p.m. · Julie McCarl and Friends · At the Little Red Shed
- 1:30 p.m ’til 3 p.m. · Freak Mt. Ramblers · At the Loading Dock
- 2:30 p.m. ’til 3:30 p.m. · Gypsy Caravan · At the Little Red Shed
- 3:30 p.m ’til 5 p.m. · Three for Silver · At the Loading Dock
- 4 p.m. ’til 5 p.m. · Darka Dusky and the Borscht Beatniks · At the Little Red Shed
- 5 p.m. ’til 9 p.m. · Will West & The Friendly Strangers · In the Winery
- 5:30 p.m. ’til 7:30 p.m. · The Talbott Brothers · At the Loading Dock
- 5:30 p.m. ’til 8 p.m. · The Junebugs · At the Little Red Shed
- 8 p.m. ’til 10 p.m. · Chervona · At the Loading Dock
Chernova started practicing in Nov of 2006, and within first weeks of its existence they played at “Gypsymania” – gypsy dance discotheque created by Gogol Bordello’s debaucher D.J. Dimon. After their first public appearances they rapidly gained popularity in their hometown. In 2007 Chervona played some special appearances with world famous Manu Chao and Gogol Bordello. By 2009 Chervona have shared stage with most exciting and famous Portland’s bands including March Forth, 3 Leg Torso, Vagabond Opera, Portland Cello Project and many more.