Oregon Symphony Waterfront Concert Picture by green earrings
Time to start planning for your Labor day weekend in Portland. The Oregon Symphony kicks off its new season with their 18th annual concert at the Waterfront Park on August 28. 10,000-15,000 people are expected to attend the event which includes music, dancing, fireworks, cannons, and more. Plus, it’s all FREE.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Related Portland Events & Info
- Win $200: Take 2014 PDX Pipeline Survey | Win $200 Cash Money!
- Labor Day Weekend Events: Portland & Oregon Labor Day Weekend Events: Concerts, Festivals, Parties, Food & Drink
- Win Tickets ($36): Back Fence PDX: Reel Stories @ Hollywood Theatre | Storytellers Connected in Some Way to the Film or Television Industry (August 28)
- Win Tickets ($50): The Both: Featuring Aimee Mann and Ted Leo @ Aladdin Theater | w/ Telekinesis, Indie, Rock & Roll (August 29)
Win Tickets ($40): Negativland w/ Daniel Menche + Cascadian Knights @ Crystal Ballroom | Experimental Sound Collage, Industrial, Plunderphonics (August 29)
From our sponsors:
Oregon Symphony Waterfront Concert
August 28, 2014
Beings at 2:30 p.m. | FREE
More info: orsymphony.org
Tom McCall Waterfront Park
1020 Naito Pkwy, Portland
The Waterfront Concert is back—bigger and better than ever before! Special thanks to Mayor Charlie Hales and all the City Commissioners for their partnership and funding. Thanks to them we’ve expanded the popular free concert to include performances by many of Portland’s finest musical organizations.
This 18th Waterfront Concert begins at 2:30 pm and launches the Oregon Symphony season. No tickets are required. Bring low-profile chairs or blankets for lawn seating, a little something to eat and sit back and enjoy!
Closing festivities include the traditional grand finale—Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture with an elaborate fireworks show, complete with military cannons from the Oregon Army National Guard 218th Field Artillery.
Waterfront Concert Schedule
- 2:30 PM: 234th Army Band of the Oregon National Guard
- 3:30 PM: Metropolitan Youth Symphony
- 4:00 PM: HillsboroSD Mariachi Una Voz with Edna Vazquez
- 4:30 PM: BRAVO Youth Orchestra
- 5:15 PM: Portland Youth Philharmonic
- 6:00 PM: Portland Taiko
- 7:00 PM: Oregon Symphony (with performances by Oregon Ballet Theatre & Portland Opera)
- Nightfall: Fireworks
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here