From our sponsors:
Try Vegan Week 2014
August 9-17, 2014
Most Events are FREE
More info: tryveganpdx.com
Try Vegan Week (TVW) is an annual event that is the foundation of TVPDX. This week long series of events is where TVPDX began. The week includes workshops, speakers, dine-outs, and mentoring. There will be events for vegans, and the vegan curious (vegetarians and omnivores). Invite your friends!
The week concludes with a Vegan Prom, that will include music, photos, costumes, and community.
*All events are free to attend with the exception of Prom which is Try Vegan PDX’s biggest annual fundraiser.*
- 10:00am Pickling and Fermentation class + Store Tour
- 11:30am Store Tour & Grab a Bite
- 12:45pm Volunteer at Oregon Food Bank!
- 7:00pm Dinner & Bar Crawl
- 2:00am Dinner & Bar Crawl
- 11:30am Super-Special Sushi Lunch
- 3:30pm Mask-making Party
- 6:00pm Vegan Wine & Cheese
- 6:30pm Get Waisted
- 6:30pm Clear Conscience: Transitioning Away from Omnivore to Plant-Based Living
- 9:00pm Perseid Meteor Shower Watch
- 6:30pm Dinner at Proper Eats & Recipe Exchange
- 7:00pm Food Fight! presents “Uncle Buck” benefit for Green Acres Farm Sanctuary
- 6:30pm Intersectionality of Veganism and Social Justice Issues
- 10:00am Soap Box Derby Sandwich Potluck Picnic
- 10:00am Work Party at Green Acres Farm Sanctuary
- 3:00pm Cheap and Easy Vegan Cooking Demo: The Best Kale Salad Ever!
- 8:00pm Vegan Prom: Masquerade!
- 11:00pm Vegan Prom After Party