We took this picture during a great SE Portland Sunday Parkways a few years back. The event continues for the 2014 season on July 27. Highs are expected to be in the lower 90s, so there’ll be lots of people out. Even if you don’t bike, you can walk and enjoy the activities, parks, and closed off streets.
Related Portland Events and Giveaways:
- Summer Events Guide: Ultimate 2014 Portland Summer Events Calendar: Festivals, Concerts, Movies, Street Fairs, Farmers Market, & More
- Win Tickets ($80): Rock Back to the 80s w/ Portland Spirit’s Radical 80s Dance Cruise | Costumes, DJ MC, Group Discount, Every Saturday
- Win Tickets ($80): Celebrate Oregon Craft Beer Month w/ BeerQuest’s Historic Brewery Tour! (July 26)
- Street Fair: Lents Street Fair | International Music & Food Festival, Live Music, Goats, & Beer (July 27)
- Maritime Festival: Maritime Heritage Festival in St. Helens | FREE, Sternwheeler Portland Tours, WWII USO Style Show, Waterskiing show, Marine Swap Meet, Lantern Remembrance (July 25-27)
- Maritime Festival: Steamer Portland Cruises for Maritime Heritage Festival | Cruise Between St. Helens and Portland, Meals & Snacks (July 27)
2014 Northeast Portland Sunday Parkways Info & Route Map
2014 Northeast Portland Sunday Parkways
July 27, 2014
11 a.m. – 4 p.m | More info: portlandoregon.gov
Portland Sunday Parkways promotes healthy active living through a series of free events opening the city’s largest public space – its streets – to walk, bike, roll, and discover active transportation while fostering civic pride, stimulating economic development, and represents the community, business, and government investments in Portland’s vitality, livability, and diversity.
Explore the Northeast Neighborhood Greenways while you make your way around the Northeast Portland route.
Don’t forget to stop by Woodlawn, Alberta and Fernhill Parks where a collection of fun activities, festive music, and delicious food awaits you.
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here
Southeast Portland Sunday Parkways
August 24, 2014 ~ 11am-4pm (7 miles)
Spend a warm summer day walking and rolling around the Southeast Sunday Parkways. While you’re at it, take a few moments to explore Laurelhurst, Colonel Summers and Ivon Parks to grab a bite to eat, listen to tunes, and join some activities.
Southwest Portland Sunday Parkways
September 28, 2014 ~ 11am-4pm (6 miles)
End the Sunday Parkways season by taking advantage of the route, including a walk-only trail. Whether rolling down Troy Street or exploring the SW Trails with its rolling hills and scenic views, don’t forget to stop by Gabriel Park, Multnomah Village and Hillsdale Shopping Center for food, music, activities and more.