Portland’s highly popular Sand in the City event takes place July 18-20 in Pioneer Courthouse Square. There will be FREE music every night including Petty Fever Saturday at 8:30 p.m.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events & Info:
- Win Tickets ($36): Entertainment for People @ Disjecta | w/ The Moth Host Dan Kennedy, Indie Variety Show (July 18-19)
- Win Tickets ($170): Hops & Vines Beer Supper @ Goschie Hops Farm | w/ The Side Yard Farm & Kitchen, Commons Brewery & Morgan St. Theater (July 19)
- Win Tickets ($30): Walking Tour of Portland’s Sinful Past – Shanghaiers, Saloons & Skullduggery | Kick A** Oregon History Historian Doug Kenck-Crispin (July 19)
- Win Tickets ($40): Shanghai Portland Party Bus ride to Journey and Steve Miller | Happy Hour Pre-Party, A Wild Round Trip to the Concert (July 20)
- Win Beer Package ($250): Oregon Brewers Festival in Downtown Portland | 88 Beers from 84 Craft Breweries Around the World, 85,000+ Attendees (July 23-27)
Sand In The City Info, Pictures, Video, & 2014 Entertainment Schedule:
Sand in the City
July 18-20, 2014
More info: sandinthecitypdx.org
Pioneer Courthouse Square, Downtown Portland
Cost: Suggested donation is $4 per person, $10 per family at all times.
The greatest beach party in the country is coming to Portland’s living room, Pioneer Courthouse Square, on July 18-20. Yoshida’s Sand in the City features fun for all ages with majestic sand sculptures, interactive youth exhibits, live music, entertainment and more! It is estimated that over 60,000 people attend Sand in the City throughout the weekend.
The event began with volunteers and now in 2014, Yoshida’s Sand in the City returns to it’s roots as an all-volunteer event with no paid staff, which allows 100% of the proceeds to go directly to the community. What has stayed the same since 1996 is a commitment to raising funds for children’s programs and presenting an outstanding family-friendly summer event at Pioneer Courthouse Square.
Suggested Entrance Donation
$4 per person
$10 per family
2014 Sand In The City Music Schedule:
Friday, July 18th
|Time: 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Band: 90 Proof
Genre: Rock n’ Roll Covers
Saturday, July 19th
|Time: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Band: East on 14
Genre: 70′s, 80′s, and 90′s Civers
|Time: 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Band: Petty Fever (winner of the LA Music Festival Tribute Band of the Year, 2013)
Genre: Tribute Band
Sunday, July 20th
Band: Power Pep Band
Genre: Marching Band
2014 Sand In The City Event Schedule:
Friday July 18th
- 10:00 am Gates Open
- 9:30 – 4:00 pm — Sand Sculpture Competition
- Public is invited to watch the competition from the PCS Steps (lower level of the Square has limited accessibility – restrooms are accessible at all times.
- Kids can have fun at the Evergreen Museum Carnival tent from 10am – 9pm. Games, prizes, Radio Disney photo booth.Something for all ages! Each game is $1.
- Get your face painted from 10am – 9pm
- The Bull 98.7 will be playing contemporary hits until 5:00pm from the main stage area.
- 12:00 pm Children’s Sand Box opens – FREE
- 5:00 – Awards on the Main Stage Watch to see which team is awarded the Golden Shovel!
- 5:30 – 7:30 90 Proof, rock ‘n roll covers from the Main Stage
- 9:00 – Event Closes
Saturday July 19th
- 10:00 AM – Gates Open
- 10:00 am Kids Sand Box opens – FREE
- Kids can have fun at the Evergreen Museum Carnival tent from
- 10am – 9pm. Games, prizes, Phototainment/Star Wars & Radio
- Disney photo booth. Something for all ages! Each game is $1.
- Get your face painted from 10am – 9pm
- 11:00 am to 12:30 pm – Radio Disney Portland Road Crew on the Main Stage
- 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm – Radio Disney Portland Road Crew on the Main Stage
- 4 – Beer Garden Opens
- 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm – East on 14, 70′s, 80′s, and 90′s
- Covers from the Main Stage
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm – Petty Fever (winner of the LA Music
- Festival Tribute Band of the Year, 2013)
- 10:00 pm Event Closes
Sunday July 20th
- 10:00 am – Event Opens
- 10 am Kids Sand Box opens – FREE
- 10 am – 9 pm – Kids can have fun at the Evergreen Museum Carnival tent. Games, prizes, Craigmore Creations photo booth. Something for all ages! Each game is $1.
- 10 am – 9 pm – Get your face painted
- 3:00 pm Event Closes
- Public is invited to watch on the PCS Steps as the demolition begins around 5:00 pm
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland Events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town. We have also added live happy hours, concert schedules, and movies times to help you plan a fun night out in Portland!
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here