We are giving away a pair of tickets to Portland’s Prom @ Star Theater on April . To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, May 2.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
13 NW 6th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
(503) 248-4700 | More info: startheaterportland.com
Dress in your formal best and prepare for a lavish evening where you can dance all night, drink already spiked punch and stay out long past your curfew.
Portland’s Prom, the Prom you wish you had.
This event is 21 plus
Just People are the dedicated offspring of a generation of movers and shakers. The band has drawn comparisons to artists throughout the genre spectrum from Pearl Jam and The Flaming Lips to The Talking Heads and Cat Stevens. One thing is for certain, Darcy Wallace of the Oregon Voice states: “Just People are tough to pin down, but damn it, it just sounds so good.”
A sultry combination of rock, soul and just enough funk to get your engine running. Like the partition between your prom limo driver, Otis Heat gives you permission to get handsy.
AfroQBen is a multi-instrumentalist inspired by the West Coast electronic scene and an on going addiction to crate digging. Drawing from a wide palette of sonic colors, AfroQBen will be playing his afro-cuban, funk, reggae and hip-hop twists on Prom classics.
Skip vonKuske is a founding/featured member of Portland Cello Project and Vagabond Opera known for his virtuosic skills as a cello soloist/collaborator.
Cellotronik is about ground up building of acoustic elements: cello, guitar, mandolin, and electronic elements: iphone sounds, internal beats, and software based beats.
Performing both wholly original pieces coupled with unique takes on covers ranging from Bach to Daft Punk, cellotronik showcases both vonKuske’s extraordinary skill with his instruments and his looper.
- $20 Tier 1 / Early Bird (General Admission)
- $25 Tier 2 / Pre-Sale (General Admission)
- $30 Tier 3 / Door (General Admission)
- $60 VIP (Includes VIP balcony access, preferred seating, bottomless champagne fountain, chocolate covered strawberries, free coat check, exclusive Proper bathrooms. This does not include parking.)
- $10 per car parking (Proper parking lot five blocks from venue, limited availability. This does not include admission to Prom.)