Stay safe this New Years Eve and ride with Trimet. All rides are FREE after 8 p.m.! The MAX will have extended late-night service.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events & Info:
- New Years: Our Calendar of New Year’s Parties, Events, & Giveaways
- January 1: New Year’s Day Brunch @ Swift Lounge | Hip Hop + Cartoons All Day
- January 1: New Years Day Rehab Brunch @ EastBurn | Happy Cup Coffee, Build Your Own Bloody Marys, $2 Mimosas
- January 1: Free New Year’s Day Hikes @ Oregon State Parks | Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Portland Metro Area
- Seattle: Our Calendar of New Year’s Parties, Events, Fireworks, & Ticket Giveaways
Free New Years Eve TriMet service
December 31, 2013
8 p.m. | More info: trimet.org
All service is free after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve, Tuesday, December 31, so getting to your celebration—and home again—will be safe and easy. Buses, Portland Streetcar, and WES Commuter Rail will run on regular weekday schedules. MAX will run on regular weekday schedules with extended late-night service.
Buses will run on regular weekday schedules.
MAX Blue, Green and Yellow trains will run on weekday schedules with late-night service running approximately every 35 minutes until about 3 a.m.
- The last Blue Line trip to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square South at 3:07 a.m. and the last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 3:07 a.m.
- The last Yellow Line trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:02 a.m. and the last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Expo Center at 2:16 a.m. A trip to Rose Quarter Transit Center and Ruby Junction/E 197th leaves Expo Center at 3:42 a.m.
- The last Green Line trip to Clackamas leaves from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:10 a.m. and the last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Clackamas Town Center Transit Center at 1:44 a.m.
MAX Red Line trains will run on weekday schedules with shuttle buses carrying riders between Gateway Transit Center and Portland International Airport after train service ends as needed and until approximately 3:30 a.m.
- The last trip of the night to the Portland International Airport leaves Pioneer Square South at 10:30 p.m. and the last trip of the night to Beaverton Transit Center leaves the airport at 11:49 p.m.
Portland Streetcar will run on weekday schedules.
New Year’s Day
On New Year’s Day, Wednesday, January 1, buses and MAX trains will run on Sunday schedules. Portland Streetcar will run on Saturday schedules. WES Commuter Rail will not be in service.
Our 503-238-RIDE Customer Service office and our Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square will be closed January 1 for the New Year’s holiday. The Online Trip Planner and TransitTracker will reflect the appropriate holiday schedules.
Buses will run on Sunday schedules. Service may be less frequent, and bus lines that do not normally run on Sundays will not be in service.
MAX trains will run on Sunday schedules. Service may be less frequent.
WES will not be in service.
Portland Streetcar will run on Saturday schedules.
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here