We are giving away a pair of tickets to Garcia Birthday Band, Blue Lotus @ The Goodfoot on November 16. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, November 15.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff

Garcia Birthday Band @ GoodfootGarcia Birthday Band, Blue Lotus
November 16, 2013
9 p.m. | $6| 21+
More info: thegoodfoot.com

The Goodfoot
2845 SE Stark St Portland, OR 97214
(503) 239-9292

GBB is Portland’s own Grateful Dead tribute band who keep the vibes right and bring excellent musicianship to one of the finest song catalogs out there. These gentlemen have picked up the flag and continue to spread the music.

Blue Lotus makes their long awaited goodfoot debut this evening. Based in Eugene, BL was born of an encounter at Oregon Country Fair. As the band added members, their hybrid rock-funk-blues explorations gelled and people took notice. They’ve been named a “band on the rise” by respected psychedelic music magazine, Relix, and have grown a fan base up and down the West Coast. $8

, , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to Win Tickets ($24): Garcia Birthday Band, Blue Lotus @ The Goodfoot | Greatful Dead Tribute Band, Rock-Funk

1. Robbie November 14, 2013 at 3:55 pm #

I want to see Felix Blades of Blue Lotus sit in with GBB for a few!

2. JAMES November 14, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

Would like to boogie down to Shakedown Street with JG Bday Band this weekend.

3. Ron November 14, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

Hi, I just really like Garcia live blues, yeah!

4. Anne November 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

We were just talking about how I saw the Dead in ’95 in Seattle. Ah, good memories.

5. Jennifer November 14, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

I’ve never seen Blue Lotus and would love this opportunity. The Garcia Bday Band rocks and so will this show. Thanks, in advance.

6. free November 14, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

because it’s been a while since i’ve had a good night at the goodfoot. maybe satuday will be my night…

7. Yolande November 14, 2013 at 5:36 pm #

My hubby and I are true Deadheads! We would love to attend this show! Over the years we have seen the Grateful Dead many times and in many states. We love and miss you Jerry!

8. Amanda November 14, 2013 at 5:55 pm #

Yup, it’s about time for my monthly dose of GBB. Glad Mister M.D. prescribed my regimen at the best venue in town! I’ll be there saying, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Good LOVE!”

9. Megan Trainor November 14, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

Uncle Sam has taxed me all he can and I wish I was hanging out in a rock and roll band.

10. Joe Hamilton November 14, 2013 at 8:02 pm #

I have never been to Disneyland but I have been to Deadhead land and I am pretty sure that is the happiest place on Earth.

11. Megan November 14, 2013 at 8:06 pm #

Uncle Sam has taxed me all he can and I wish I was hanging out in a rock ‘n’ roll band!

12. Joshua November 14, 2013 at 8:11 pm #

I need a miracle!!

13. mary b November 14, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

i want to get my head dead :D

14. gretchen November 14, 2013 at 9:37 pm #

I have a serious case of the Mexicali Blues and I wish I was a headlight on a GoodFoot train…I’d shine my light through the cool Portland rain :)

15. Cindy & David November 15, 2013 at 9:05 am #

We go to see so much music and frequently drive to Portland from Corvallis to get our ears filled. Due to finances, if we do not get free tix for this show, we are likely not going to be able make it :(
    We love both GBB and Blue Lotus so to see them together would be wonderful!!! Winning would make us very happy and you want us to be happy, right?

16. Cindy & David November 15, 2013 at 9:08 am #

We often drive to Portland from from Corvallis to get our music fix but due to finances, if we do not get free tix for this show, we may not be able make it.

We love both GBB and Blue Lotus so seeing them together would be incredible! Winning would make us happy and you want us to be happy, right?

17. TomP November 15, 2013 at 9:08 am #

put me on the list!

• Cindy & David November 15, 2013 at 9:11 am #

We frequently drive to Portland from Corvallis to get our music fix but due to finances, if we do not get free tix for this show, we may not going to be able make it.
      We love both GBB and Blue Lotus so seeing them together will be fantastic! Winning would make us happy and you want us to be happy, right?

>>>> is this post working? Tried multiple times…

18. CindyB November 15, 2013 at 9:15 am #

>>>> is this post working? Tried multiple times…

19. SpoonieB November 15, 2013 at 10:42 am #

I saw Blue Lotus at Country Fair a couple years ago after someone told me I HAD to see this kid Felix play guitar. They were right! And GBB is always a huge treat. Would love to see a little cross-pollination with these bands, maybe!

20. Marty Anderson November 15, 2013 at 5:31 pm #

Last one wins!

21. Jan November 15, 2013 at 5:54 pm #

I think you’re right Marty!

22. Torria November 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

Discovered The Grateful Dead in their finial years. I’ve heard good things about this birthday band! Some very good things. :)