Portland (Christmas / Holiday) Tree Lighting Photo By Chris Lae
Portland’s 2013 Christmas / Holiday tree arrives this Friday (November 15) in Pioneer Square. Festivities include Santa + music. The lighting is the Friday after Thanksgiving at 5:30PM. This tree lighting event will feature a holiday sing-a-long featuring Thomas Lauderdale with members of Pink Martini.
If you are going to lighting event, it a good idea to go a bit early as it is rather crowded by 4PM. A description of the lighting event plus more pictures and a video here.
Related Portland Holiday Events & Info:
- Holiday Calendar: Portland Holiday Events, Bazaars, Shopping, Christmas, Local Markets
- Thanksgiving Calendar: Portland Thanksgiving Events: Parade, Black Friday, Holiday Tree Lighting & More
- Win A Tree ($60): The Christmas Tree Co-op | Locally Grown Trees, Your Neighborhood Christmas Tree Delivery Service
- Win Tickets ($36): Museum by Moonlight @ World Forestry Center | Lumberjacks, Themed Cocktails, Beer, Wine (Nov 21)
- Black Friday: Little Boxes | Get Rewarded For Shopping Locally, Holiday Gifts (Nov 29-30)
- Seattle: View Seattle Pipeline’s Holiday Events Calendar & Info here
2013 Portland Stimson Lumber Christmas Tree Info:
Stimson Lumber Tree Arrival | November 15, 2013 | 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Come downtown to welcome the arrival of Portland’s 75-foot tall Douglas Fir to Portland’s Living Room. Festivities include a visit from Santa, the Beat Goes on Marching Band, seasonal songs performed by the Dickens Carolers and free hot chocolate provided by Unitus Community Credit Union.
Tree Lighting Ceremony presented by SmartPark | November 29, 2013 | 5:30pm Rain or Shine
Be Merry at the Square! On the busiest shopping day of the year, the day after Thanksgiving, thousands of Portlanders will gather at the Square to celebrate the official start of the season by lighting the City’s spectacular 75ft Douglas-fir tree provided by Stimson Lumber Company. This year’s event will feature a holiday sing-a-long featuring Thomas Lauderdale with members of Pink Martini, “Oregon’s Own” 234th Army Band, the Pacific Youth Choir and many more.
*Strobe lights will be used during this event.
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here
Pioneer Courthouse Square tree by Flickr user Jenny Cestnik.
Christmas at Pioneer Courthouse Square at Blue Hour HDR phot by Flickr user David Gn Photography
A Portland Christmas by Flickr user Zeb Andrews.
Pioneer Courthouse Square tree by Flickr user Curtis Perry.
Pioneer Courthouse Square tree by Flickr user B Berrigan.
Pioneer Courthouse Square tree by Flickr user 305 Seahill.
Pioneer Courthouse Square tree by Flickr user saramarie.