This is your last chance to get a custom painted, one-of-a-kind portrait for your friends and loved ones from one-of-a-kind Portland artist Chris Haberman. There are a limited number of portraits left and sales will be cut off at the end of the day on Thursday, December 20! A fixture in Portland’s thriving art scene, Haberman recently worked as art staff on season three of Portlandia! He is responsible for the art on the ‘Stu’s Stews’ food cart in the first episode of the season. Check out a video featuring the cart here. He also just sold a painting of Merle Haggard that was given to HIM (the actual Merle) as a gift from a close friend.
Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff.
Related Portland Holiday Gifts:
- BUY LOCAL: Portland Zip Code Necklaces by Sara Moskovitz | 10 zip codes to choose from
- BUY LOCAL: Drink Deck Bar Destination Guide | 52 Local Discounts!
- BUY LOCAL: Portland Illustrated Playing Cards | 52 Locations, Pen & Ink Drawings, Local Artist
More Info + Purchase Your Custom Portrait By Chris Haberman
Our good friend and respected Portland artist Chris Haberman is offering custom made, 8″ x 16″ portraits of you or your loved ones on painted on recycled wood to PDX Pipeline readers for only $50 ($15 more with a frame)! He will even paint you or your loved ones with a PDX ‘hood! Paintings can be customized to include your favorite landmarks, people, phrases and more! A Chris Haberman portrait is the perfect Portland holiday gift for your friends and family and you don’t even have to leave the house or brave the mall to get it!
Chris is only making a limited number of custom portraits so be sure and place your order now! Last year, our limited edition portrait paintings with Haberman sold out and these are twice the size! Christmas shipping deadline is December 19th at 5 p.m. Pickup deadline is December 21st. You can purchase after these dates but paintings will be delivered after the holidays.
Chris Haberman is a working writer, painter, muralist, curator and musician, native to Portland, Oregon. All of his artwork is created from recycled objects, found material from the streets and alleyways of his hometown. A discarded cabinet door or table top quickly becomes the backdrop for an integrated puzzle-poem of figures and text, focusing on subjects like people, politics, the region, pop-culture, media, music, film and literature.
Portland Mayor Sam Adams said in 2009 that “Chris is the hardest working artist in Portland.” In Jan, 2010, Chris was a featured artist for Oregon Art Beat on Oregon Public Broadcasting and was awarded “Portland Artist of the Year” by Barfly Magazine. In January 2011, he and fellow artist Jennifer Mercede won a national artist contest in Las Vegas, competing with artists’ from 10 other cities.
In the Fall of 2011, he completed a 219 wood panel album reproduction for an office mural for record label Kill Rock Stars, and produced a 100 work show of “The Peoples History of Oregon” at Littman and White Gallery at Portland State University. In the summer of 2012, he completed an 80 foot mural about “The History of Hawthorne Blvd.” at 50th Avenue and SE Hawthorne Blvd. on the Eagles Fraternal Lodge. He was born and raised right here in Portland, OR.
How it Works:
- Purchase your painting
- You decide which people/landmarks you’d like in your portrait.
- We’ll arrange pick-up or ship it to you based on your choice. Shipping deadline is December 19 at 5 p.m., pick up deadline is December 21.
- Done! Custom Portland painting!
Chris is only making 200 of these custom neighborhood paintings so be sure and place your order now. Last year, our limited edition portrait paintings with Haberman sold out!
Portland Holiday Gifts: Portraits by Chris Haberman
Custom 8×16 Portraits
Cost: $50 | Limited Number Available
Optional Framing: $15
Optional Expedited Shipping: $15
Free Pickup: Downtown (Pioneer Place Mall People’s Studio)
- Purchase Portrait (Unframed, Free Pickup): $50
- Purchase Portrait (Framed, Free Pickup): $65
- Purchase Portrait (Unframed, Expedited Shipping): $65
- Purchase Portrait (Framed, Expedited Shipping): $80
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland Events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town. We have also added live happy hours, concert schedules and movies times to help you plan a fun night out in Portland!
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here
SE Hawthorne Mural by Chris Haberman
“My Portland Story” by Chris Haberman
Woodstock, SE Portland by Chris Haberman
Alberta, NE Portland by Chris Haberman
“Portland Street Life” by Chris Haberman
Quick Haberman Links, Videos, Profiles & Info:
- OPB Oregon Art Beat – Artist Feature: http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/segments/view/830
- City of Night/Art Install 2009/Goodfoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTI5KsPjqv8
- Fractal City Mural w Jennifer Mercede: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXVWMIeKzA
- Art Rocks/Haberman Documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtBxtiKalc
- Manor of Art/Haberman co-curator/Interview w Mayor: http://vimeo.com/6364392
- Oh Mural – Haberman Install – Oh Design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pVYWhph7gM&feature=related
- Source Newspaper-Bend,OR – http://www.tsweekly.com/culture/chris-haberman.html
- Q&A/Portland Tribune – http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/120785927519707000
- Haberman/Arts Interview – http://www.artsinterviews.com/?p=199
- Haberman/Works VI – Channel 8/2011: http://www.kgw.com/thesquare/114393284.html
- Pdx Pipeline/Artist Feature: http://pdxpipeline.com/2011/04/06/portland-people-the-edgy-and-original-chris-haberman-artist-gallery-curator/