Pipeline is giving away two pairs of tickets to see Celso Machado at The Old Church on Sunday, October 9. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winners will be drawn and emailed on Friday, October 7.

Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff

From our sponsors at The Old Church:
Celso Machado @ Old ChurchCelso Machado, Geoff Berner, The Brazillionaires
Sunday, October 9
7 p.m. | $15 | All Ages
Purchase Tickets at Brown Paper Tickets

The Old Church

1422 SW 11th Avenue
www.theoldchurch.org

Virtuoso Brazilian guitarist, percussionist, multi-instrumentalist and composer Celso Machado transports his audiences through the richness and diversity of Brazilian music and beyond. We’re thrilled to bring him back to Portland for a second rare performance at Portland’s historic Old Church.

“Celso alone is a force of nature … Up close, Celso Machado is probably the most musical person I know. He performs, composes, publishes, records, teaches, and makes music out of literally everything he touches. In his magical hands bottles of water, rocks he finds on the beach, his own body and, of course, almost any musical instrument I could name – plus some I couldn’t – sing beautiful songs. For me, Celso Machado is the truest of musical Renaissance men and the ultimate one-man band.” -Malcolm Gould, producer of Jogo da Vida and the program OnStage at Glenn Gould Theatre, CBC Records

Stunning and heartening live video of Celso’s amazing performances here.

, , , , ,

19 Responses to Win Tickets: Celso Machado, Geoff Berner, The Brazillionaires @ The Old Church | Brazilian Guitarist, Percussionist, Multi-Instrumentalist

1. Job Cacka October 3, 2011 at 9:59 am #

The best reason to attend might be that I really like Brazilian guitarists. However, I have honestly never heard Brazilian guitar. My reason is purely selfish. I haven’t been on a unique date with my wife since right before our 9 month old was born, and this looks like a great opportunity to explore something new that we might both enjoy. Plus a night away from the kids. WooHoo!

2. Lauren Tracy October 3, 2011 at 11:26 am #

I love Brazilian culture and will visit one day. Til then, being transported musically at the Old Church would be absolutely AMAZING!

3. Rachael Rice October 3, 2011 at 11:39 am #

I’m a musician seeking to expand my frames of reference…new to town from Montpelier, Vermont where such opportunities are limited. As a self-employed creative, my cash is also limited but I would love to be exposed to this music!

4. Becky October 3, 2011 at 11:05 pm #

LOVE Brazillian guitar. What a treat to get to experience this live!

5. Jamie October 4, 2011 at 6:55 pm #

I used to run a concert series in Seattle, and Celso Machado is AMAZING. I would love the chance to see him again!

6. Mary October 5, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

I was introduced to choro music about 10 years ago through playing his modern choro compositions. There is so much for me to learn from seeing this guitarist, composer, percussionist, forager of sound, whose playing is always informed by joy. Geoff Berner sounds none too shabby and it would be my first time seeing Portland’s Brazillionaires, of whom I’ve heard wonderful things.

7. Leonard October 5, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

Love Brasilian music!

8. Ben October 6, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

I just got into this guy. Great stuff. I wonder how good he is live. If it’s anything like his studio album this is sure to please.

9. Hilary A October 6, 2011 at 4:32 pm #

Malcolm Gould’s stunning review of Celso Machado has piqued my musical curiosity. Please transport me to Machado world! Viva Brazil!

10. Barbara October 6, 2011 at 4:39 pm #

Brazilian music is full of heart and soul – something we all need during these difficult times.

11. Matthew Morrison October 6, 2011 at 5:41 pm #

I love the rhythm and movement of Brazilian music. I would really appreciate attending this show that I cannot afford without a free ticket!

12. Robert October 6, 2011 at 5:59 pm #

I would like to expand my music listening horizons.

13. Sergio Nolasco October 6, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

!!! This is kismet! I’ve been REALLY getting into Brazilian/Argentinean/Chilean folk music lately. Like, REALLY. Lots of Bossa Nova, too. I’d love to check this out!

14. Jeff Krause October 6, 2011 at 8:16 pm #

I would really love to see / hear Celso. I am a guitarist who loves all forms of music, especially Brazilian music. It would be very inspiring for my playing.

15. Alana October 6, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

I would love to check this out! i love brazilian music!

16. Jenette October 6, 2011 at 11:11 pm #

This will be an amazing show. I’d really love to go, but I know I can’t afford it.

17. Carye Bye October 7, 2011 at 11:29 am #

I have never experienced Brazilian music or a concert at the Old Church — I’d really enjoy the experience for both those reasons!!

18. Garrett October 7, 2011 at 12:11 pm #

Wow, this guy is talented. Would love to go.

19. Jason October 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

I am going on a third date with someone I really think might be someone special and I would like to share something with her that truly means something to me.