We are giving away a pair of tickets to the DJ Rupture, Tyler Tastemaker, E3 show at Holocene on Friday night. To win, comment on this post why you would like to attend. Winner will be drawn on Friday @ noon.

From our sponsors at Holocene:
  	Holocene and Abstract Earth Project present... DJ Rupture  Tyler Tastemaker  E3 Holocene and Abstract Earth Project present…
DJ Rupture | Tyler Tastemaker | E3

9pm | $8.00 advance
TICKETS: Brown Paper Tickets

We're thrilled to present the boundary-hopping, internationally-minded luminary DJ Rupture!

You won't find another musician as agile and reckless as DJ /rupture. He's performed in over 25 countries, released records on Soul Jazz & Tigerbeat6, DJ'ed in a band with Norah Jones, done two John Peel Sessions, and was turntable soloist with the 80-member Barcelona Symphony Orchestra. Rupture's fans include Robert Plant and that hot person you saw on the street yesterday but were afraid to talk to. What's Rupture sound like? A border-crossing bass visionary.

His dynamic live sets simultaneously partyrock and suggest complex political undertones. A recent New York Times review called Rupture “a thoughtful pipeline for music from countless distant and obscure outposts.”

Each Monday evening from 7-8pm, Rupture hosts a radio show on NYC-area FM station WFMU, 91.1 fm, featuring lots of international exclusives and live guests. You can listen online & stream the archives. Rupture's show is re-broadcast weekly on local FM stations in Belgium, France, Germany, and Croatia.

Rupture also runs Soot Records, an independent label with impeccable curation, dedicated to international urban music.

, , , , ,

19 Responses to Win Tickets: DJ Rupture (Brooklyn), Tyler Tastemaker, E3 @ Holocene | January 14

1. Hannah January 9, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

Would <3 to see this show! Tix please!

2. shelley January 9, 2011 at 10:23 pm #

My cousin and I will be in town and we want to dance our asses off!

3. hannah K January 9, 2011 at 10:49 pm #

this would be blissful

4. joel January 10, 2011 at 7:11 am #

OMG, DJ /rupture is my hero! I would LOOOOVE to see him perform live. His music is more evolved than most of the people on this planet, he is an evolved being. I want to witness that with my eyes. O yeah, DJ /r was making dubstep before ANYBODY else, even anybody in the UK.
    Also, Tyler Tastemaker is poss. one of Portland’s best live DJs. He really knows how to put together a setlist. And he has a LOT of fun doing it. So yeah, i wanna see that with my eyes too.

5. joel January 10, 2011 at 7:24 am #

BTW, i didn’t see this show on last.fm
    so i added it: http://www.last.fm/event/1796962+DJ+-rupture+at+Holocene+on+14+January+2011

6. jon January 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

cuz i fuggin wanna see this soooo bad. mm.

7. jen January 10, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

when ya’ll promote shows, i go. and then i dance. even if i’ve never heard the music before. it’s pretty much that simple. i’d like to meet you and say thank you for being…then i would like to throw down. and if i could do this all for free just this once, i promise to go to the next (insert rather large number here) shows you promote and happily pay the cover. seriously, some good things are coming…thank you even if we never meet.

8. normalghost January 10, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

I want to see them because I’m not really effing stupid and I don’t really hate dancing. I’ll be there anyways but it’d be tight not to pay.

9. Duncan Beevers January 11, 2011 at 11:24 am #

I want to see this show in order to exhaust my gift cards.

10. Aaron January 11, 2011 at 11:41 pm #

Because I deserve to.

11. christysavannah January 12, 2011 at 8:26 am #

‘cuz listening to the podcast isn’t all that social.

12. ornerypeoples January 12, 2011 at 10:30 am #

My employer closed shop last week, and unemployment check has that waiting week, so how else I’m gonna see my most favorite dj for the first time?? no way else.

13. Marian Lockwood January 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm #

Hi I would like tickets because I need to fall in love with Portland and I think pdxpipeline could make that happen for me…I am also a semi-professional dancer (not stripper) if that helps, I might up the ante a little with some dance offs and I’ll bring my cute friends

14. John January 12, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

I’m pregnant with DJ Rupture’s alien space baby.

15. Sunshine January 13, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

I want to see this show so I can shake it to some mudd up rasta beats.

16. GlobalRuckus January 13, 2011 at 6:37 pm #

Mad respect for DJ Rupture, I’ll be there one way or another.

17. LordSmithingham! January 14, 2011 at 10:28 am #

Because because because…DJ/Rupture has a big ole sauce pot of global/ethnic/human beats that stick together like the best damn stew you ever set your senses to feast upon. Come and get it y’all!

18. Yaners January 14, 2011 at 10:33 am #

I’m 33 going on 90 and need to get my little booty off the couch and out in to the club. AND dance off all this damp, dark rain!