If you are still standing after all these Portland New Years Eve parties and events, then here is a chance to see X on their 30th anniversary of “Los Angeles”. We are giving away ticket to the New Years Day show at Roseland Theater featuring X plus screening of X-The Unheard Music (the documentary). To win, comment on this post why you you like to attend. Winn will drawn on Monday, December 18 at 3PM.

———————————————————-

From our sponsors at DoubleTee:
Double Tee Concerts and AEG Live Present:
X- Two live sets including Los Angeles (the album), plus screening of X-The Unheard Music (the documentary)

New Years Day 2011
Roseland Theater
8:00pm; All Ages
Tickets available online here

Tickets available through all TicketsWest Locations-Safeway- Music Millennium. To charge by phone please call 503.224.8499.

30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF CLASSIC ALBUM — LOS ANGELES

Will Also Screen The Rocumentary X: The Unheard Music

X, giants of the L.A. punk-rock scene, will once again be celebrating the Holidays in X-travagant style. The original purveyors of punk will perform at four pre-holiday shows, slated to be held on the band's home turf of Hollywood, as well as in Ventura, Anaheim and Solana Beach.  After Christmas, X will continue with several more special West Coast shows in Bakersfield, San Francisco, Seattle and Portland .

This year X celebrates the 30th Anniversary of the album that not only defined their career, but an entire musical genre as well; Los Angeles. The band will also be celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the rock-umentary, X The Unheard Music.  The film will run, in its entirety, on screen before the band hits the stage to perform, track by track, the Los Angeles album. As usual, X will also put their unique twist on some classic X-Mas tunes to round out the evening.

The L.A. punk scene in the late 70s saw its share of greatness, but few acts as talented as the now world-class, live, rock & roll band X. Their 2008 "13-31" Tour across the U.S. was something really special, celebrating the band's 31st anniversary. 2009 shaped up to be just as amazing for the veteran rockers, with appearances at SXSW and Coachella Festivals, along with their own "X — TRL" Tour, where fans were able to help select each night's set list.

The original line-up of X is John Doe, Exene, Billy Zoom, and D.J. Bonebrake.

———————————————————-

Reminder: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every month to our Portland Facebook Group for many of the top events & venues in PDX. Join it if you like free stuff. Not on Facebook? Join our email list and win there.

, , , , , , , , ,

32 Responses to Portland New Years Day Show @ Roseland: Los Angeles Punk Rock Legends X + Win Tickets ($40)

1. dana r. December 15, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

they are amazing, and all orignal lineup. they are at the house of blues on the sunset strip, hollywood tonight. now that would be fun!!!

2. Daniel bachleda December 15, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

The 30th anniversary of the Los Angeles album? Awesome! I would love to go see these punk rock pioneers in my favorite city!

3. gehlen exum December 16, 2010 at 2:56 pm #

I am super excited for this show and would love to surprise my best friend with tickets!

4. jenn December 16, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

i’ve been in love with x since the first time i’ve heard them. i would do anything to be able to see them in concert. to see the original lineup and the Los Angeles album 30th Anniversary is to die for.

5. theodorarnason December 16, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

X songs captured an extreme form of life with an aesthetic that matched the disgust, intensity, abandon, dark eros, and rage that superficial LA life deserved to confront.

6. Sean Stutzman December 16, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

After 42 years, my alphabet is nearly complete. I have all the letters except one…. the elusive X.

7. Thea December 16, 2010 at 4:36 pm #

II love X and I especially love Los Angeles. Being an Ex-Los angelean this album has a special place in my heart. I HAD TO GET OUT!!!!!!!! :D

8. burke December 16, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

X! it’s X!

9. Eric December 16, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

Please get me in, I gotta give J.D. back his turkey baster

10. Kimberly December 16, 2010 at 5:34 pm #

This would be awesome!

11. Leslie December 16, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

My friend and i have loved this band for 15 years…this would be the best belated Xmas gift i could give to her, EVER!

12. Mary Diehl December 16, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

I would love to take my boyfriend to this show – he used to play this album on his show when he was doing KHSU radio in college.

13. Darcy B December 16, 2010 at 7:22 pm #

L. A. native –grew up seeing X perform –would love to see them again!

14. Amber Hyde December 16, 2010 at 8:25 pm #

I would love to see these guys and will be in the front row if I win tickets!

15. jaxx December 16, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

It would put the “X” in Xmas for me…

16. Nick D December 16, 2010 at 11:19 pm #

“Johnny Hit And Run Pauline” is one of the best songs out there, I would LOVE to see them! Being unemployed and broke really ruined my prospects of going to the show!

17. John P. December 17, 2010 at 8:34 am #

X changed my life, music wise, in 1982 when i was introduced to them via a crappy boom box at Detroit Lake on a sunny weekend of boating. Then i saw them play at U of O in 1983. I had mono and had such a high temp i could barely get out of my dorm room bunk, but I did, and I saw one of the best shows of my life!

18. Kate December 18, 2010 at 8:39 am #

I made a noise out loud when I read about this chance to see X.

I recently renewed my interest in X through a guy I dated. We listened to original punk together for weeks. Unfortunately, last week I was dumped in spectacular fashion.  But the best thing to come out of all this is my re-discovery of their rock. They have enough sass in them to get me out of the newly single blues, and they’ve been on repeat through my headphones ever since. Now instead of remembering my time listening to them with that guy, I need to reclaim them for myself. I want to start my new year off right, seeing the band that has seen me through the cruddy end of 2010. “Los Angeles” defines X, and X defines my new year. 2011 is time to get real, punk-style!

19. Bill December 18, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

I can’t wait for this show and free tickets would be even better.

20. Lori December 19, 2010 at 1:28 am #

Perfect start to the new year. X me in.

21. Jeremy December 20, 2010 at 2:45 pm #

Hell yeah!! X on New Years Day would be a perfect way to start the year off!

22. Geoff Kent December 20, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

No time to write an essay, sorry. 20 year X fan here. Sounds like an awesome way to ring in the new year, especially since I have to work on new years eve :(

23. Gabriel Quitslund December 22, 2010 at 11:31 am #

X has been one of my favorite bands since I was a little kid! I can’t wait to see them @ the Crystal in Portland!

24. Tracy Sagal December 23, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

what better way to start the new year than to see these great performers?

25. Hannah December 27, 2010 at 6:28 pm #

Yeah, I’ll go! X! X! X!

26. Alea Bone December 27, 2010 at 8:21 pm #

This would be an Xcellent birthday present. My birthday is stuck between Xmas & New Years -when no one wants to party. . . I deserve this!

27. Jordan December 29, 2010 at 11:49 pm #

This is my first New Years in Portland, and also first New Years in five years (crossing my fingers) that doesn’t end in disaster – last one involved a dry county and my apartment almost burning down. I could really go for something new and exciting!

Oh, and I seriously never thought I might get the chance to see X!

28. Bess Korey December 31, 2010 at 6:14 am #

I’ve been an X fan for 15 years. I love the movie about them, X-The Unheard Music, and was only able to watch it on a crappy bootleg VHS for many years, so to be able to see a high quality version of it on a big screen would be awesome and they will be screening that film at Saturday’s concert. I also love watching X perform in the Decline of Western Civilization and Urgh! A Music War, and I own all of their albums.

I have seen them live in concert before, but it’s been about 3 or 4 years since I saw them last. They are one of the best live bands ever and seeing them perform never gets old. Missed them the last time they were in Portland since the show sold out and I didn’t have a ticket. ): Would love to catch them this time, and bring my boyfriend to the show with me, since he’s never seen them live before, and I know we would have a blast at the show!

29. Stu December 31, 2010 at 8:38 am #

I would love to see them again. Last time was over 20 years ago in San Diego with the Red Hot Chili Peppers as the warm up band!

30. david kelly December 31, 2010 at 3:44 pm #

I think if I get to go to this show, it would be the 30th time I’ve seen X live. Really. How appropriate would that be.

31. Kym January 1, 2011 at 7:39 am #

I am digging thru my closet now looking for my jack boots and Langlitz leather. Once a punk, always a punk. Saw this amazing band the first time at the Frolic Room in Hollyweird. Unforgettable night. Hoping for another!

32. Alex Zanrosso November 28, 2011 at 10:04 am #