Portland's Timber Army is having a blowout this Saturday and it sounds pretty great to me. Nice kegs of beer on a beautiful July 4th weekend, a good game,Ãƒâ€š and a benefit for the Oregon Food Bank. Win, Win, Win . Yes, recommended for any Timbers fan or anyone thinking about checking them out. They've won four of their last five matches, so great time in the season as well…another win. Photo by ohhh_yeah808.
Related Portland info and Events:
- Our July 2010 Portland Events guide
- Portland July 4th Fireworks & Party @ PGE Park |Ãƒâ€š 2010
- Oregon Craft Beer Month Kickoff Parties: Portland, Eugene, Hillsdale, Hood River,Ãƒâ€š etc
Timbers Army Craft Brew Tailgate
When: Saturday, July 3rd, at 3pm (Match starts at 7pm)
Where: Parking Lot between SW Taylor and SW Salmon on 18th Ave (behind Cheerful Bullpen)
As a special celebration of Oregon Craft Beer Month, the 107ist has arranged for kegs from Hopworks, Ninkasi, Rock Bottom, and Double Mountain at the July 3rd Timbers Army tailgate for our 21+ attendees before the Vancouver match at 7pm at PGE Park.
We suggest a $5 donation or $4 + 2 cans of food to donate to the Oregon Food Bank as we will have a collection setup at the tailgate. Clean out your pantry for this good cause!
All proceeds from this craft brew celebration will go towards the 107ist organization to support soccer events and charities in the community.
If you have not yet been to a Timbers Army tailgate, here are the basics:
– Bring your favorite things to eat, drink, and bbq, and meet up in the parking lot between SW Taylor and SW Salmon on 18th Ave (behind Cheerful Bullpen) around 3 pm on Saturday, July 3rd, for pre-game festivities.
– If you can bring a grill and/or a table let us know! We also appreciate volunteers to help clean up. We'll post additional planning details and information as well.
Everyone is welcome! We hope to see you there.