Posted by Kristen Imes
Bacon – KING BABY
Baconfest 2009 will take place on October 3rd from 3-10pm @ The East Burn and will be MC'd by Emily Gibson ofÃƒâ€š The Meat Show.
This event will be chockfull of both calories and entertainment:
- Half Pipe -Ãƒâ€š Bacon skateboards will be there toÃƒâ€š shred the half pipe between bands with sexy pro-skaters. Hot.
- Bacon Eating Contest – The 5 coronary artery hardening rounds would consist of eatingÃƒâ€š 6 inch BLT's,Ãƒâ€š Voodoo Doughnut maple bacon bars, bacon wrapped bananas,Ãƒâ€š Bacon Salted peeps, andÃƒâ€š bacon ice cream sundaes. Winner waddles home with a Traeger grill.
- Bacon Dance Off featuringÃƒâ€š Ãƒâ€š 8 contestants dancing while consuming bacon. Ãƒâ€š For every song you must consume a piece of bacon, or facon. Ãƒâ€š The second your dance slows or becomes pathetic you are eliminated. The winner gets an ipod touch loaded with bacon apps.
- Bacon Confessional – like HBO's Taxicab Confessions but more ridiculous/embarrassing/humiliating.Ãƒâ€š Speak with Baconfest's priest to cleanse yourself of your bacon sins. Ãƒâ€š Best confessional walks away with $50 in itunes gift cards.
- Count the Bacon – seems easy enough… unless it's bacon bits…
- Bacon Inspired Merch from: Baconshirts.com – self-explanatory Ãƒâ€š / Mountain Girl Silver – “bacon bling” / Bacon Salt — because “everything should taste like bacon” / Bacon Skateboards sick boards + shwag / PDX.FM
- Music (but is it bacon inspired..?) Ãƒâ€š fromÃƒâ€š Ether Circus,Ãƒâ€š Blood Eagle,Ãƒâ€š The Dry County Crooks,Ãƒâ€š Super Secret Band, andÃƒâ€š Neapolitan beard.
Bacon & Beer…yumm… Always a delicious combination…
- Laurelwood Brewing Co. will be in attendance pouring their award winning beer. Ãƒâ€š Rumor also has it that they have some special bacon beers they will be sampling exclusively at our event. Ãƒâ€š Bacon + Beer = F' yes.
- Rogue – The bad boys of beer are bringing their favorite beer and creating a special bacon menu for baconfest. Ãƒâ€š Plus, they are giving up their proceeds to benefit the cause.
- Parkers Waffles — The trend starters from Parkers Waffles are creating a special waffle drenched in maple butter and loaded with bacon to satisfy your all you bacon needs.
- East Burn — Will have a full food and bar menu for those of us gluten-intolerant few who can't have beer, or for those crazy few who don't want to eat just bacon all day long.