Just saw this posted and 1) happy the service is finally starting back up and 2) Ain't party like a Trimet party 'cuz a Trimet party has a “parade with Mall safety information along the way”. BOOYA.
In partnership with Portland State University, we're throwing a party downtown to celebrate the return of bus service to the renovated Portland Mall on 5th and 6th avenues. (Service begins Sunday, May 24, 2009.)
On Friday, May 22, 2009, a lively bus parade will travel along 5th Avenue, taking riders to PSU for a lunch-time street fair.
Schedule after the jump…
Bus parade on 5th Avenue
Hop on the bus and join a fun-filled parade with Mall safety information and entertainment along the way.
- Starts at Pioneer Place (SW 5th & Morrison) at 10:30 a.m.
- Stops at 5th & Main, 5th & Columbia and PSU Urban Plaza
11 a.m.—1 p.m.
Street fair at PSU Urban Plaza
Join us for a lunch-hour street fair in the PSU Urban Plaza at 506 SW Mill.
- Enjoy a PSU student talent showcase.
- Catch an appearance by Blaze, the Blazer mascot. He'll be giving away prizes!
- Have lunch at local restaurants and nearby food booths.
We hope to see you there!