Re-Reading Frenzy: Donate Your Used Books & Magazine for Reading Frenzy Fundraiser!
Please donate your used books, comics and zines for an upcoming fundraiser for Ye Olde Reading Frenzy! We'll be having a used zine smorgasbord during the Portland Zine Symposium (August 11th-12th), and a big book sale as part of our 13th Anniversary celebrations on September 1st. If you're an author, editor and/or publisher and would like to pitch in a few new items (or hurts or overstocks), that's great too! Xtra-Fancy stuff will go up for auction. This is a small, relatively painless way, for a lot of folks to make a cumulatively big contribution towards keeping our good thing going.
You can drop off your donations, any time during business hours (Mon-Sat: 11-7, Sun 12-6). If you're bringing in more than a couple grocery bags full of printed matter, please call in advance to make arrangements — we don't have much storage space! We will find good homes for all the materials donated that we are not able to sell — lending libraries, schools, charity shops, etc. We will be accepting donations through August 31.
If you have any questions, contact [email protected]. Please help spread the word by re-posting this announcement! Thanks in advance for your support!
We are looking for:
* Books, all subjects
* Children's books
* Comics and graphic novels
* Zines, pamphlets, broadsides
* Magazines, alternative/independent, vintage
* Paper ephemera, posters, prints, mail art materials, rubber stamps
* Reading accoutrements: magnifying glasses, reading glasses, book ends, book stands, bookmarks, pipes, slippers, footstools, small lamps
* Blank journals
We are not looking for:
* Outdated textbooks (unless they are vintage and illustrated)
* Old encyclopedia sets (unless they are vintage, illustrated kid's sets)
* Adult series westerns or romances
* Most mainstream glossy magazines
* Most newspapers and freebies
* Original software users manuals
921 SW Oak St.
Portland, OR 97205