From Press Release:
Art With Heart Walk
September 5, 2013
6-9 p.m. | Free | All Ages
More info: Facebook
Art with Heart is a collaborative initiative hosted by the PDX Development Roundtable to showcase artwork of nonprofit agencies in downtown Portland. These organizations service some of our community’s most at-risk adults, families, and youth who are struggling with extreme poverty, homelessness, mental illness, and addiction. Through artistic expression, people who struggle are able to find some peace in their times of transition, difficulty, and chronic hardship. The Art with Heart Walk, in partnership with First Thursday, gives our neighbors an opportunity to view their artwork and to share with us their talents and truly unique perspectives.
ART WALK: 6pm-8pm
Begin at any of our participating agencies (listed below) to pick up a map and your Art with Heart Passport to begin your walk! You’ll get a chance to visit each organization, view their client & guest artwork, and learn more about the issues that they address each day.
POST-WALK RECEPTION: 8pm-9pm
After you’ve completed your walk, join us at Backspace to meet organization leaders & fellow walkers, hear from local authors and artists about local advocacy, and enter your passport to win great raffle prizes!
- Transition Projects, Inc. (NW 6th & Irving Street)
- p:ear (hosted at TPI, see above)
- PNCA – Pacific Northwest College of Art (hosted at TPI)
- Sisters Of The Road (NW 6th & Davis Street)
- Macdonald Center (NW 6th & Couch Street)
- Saint André Bessette Catholic Church (NW 6th & Burnside)
- Luke-Dorf (hosted at Saint Andre Bessette, see above)
- De Paul Treatment Centers (hosted at Saint Andre Bessette)
- Central City Concern (NW Broadway & Burnside)
- Street Roots (hosted at Central City Concern, see above)
- Albina Community Bank (NW 10th & Glisan Street)