In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Oregon’s National Parks will be fee free on Monday, January 18! It’s one of many free-free days in 2016, so mark your calendars!
Related Portland Events & Giveaways
- Win A Quest ($49): Uncover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries in The New Year on Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Give the Gift of Adventure! + Discount / Promo Code
- Win Tasting Flights ($24+): January is IPA Month @ Hawthorne and 15th Avenue Hophouses | Vote for Oregon’s Top IPA (January)
- Win Tickets ($90): Test Your Skills w/ Escapism Portland! | See If You Can Make It Out In 1 Hour, Live Interactive Game, Unravel the Mysteries to Escape The Jungle Ransom!
- Win Tickets ($20): Sophistafunk @ The Goodfoot | Hip Hop, Funk, w/ Elektrapod (January 14)
- Win Tickets ($70): Grammy Winner Shawn Colvin @ Aladdin Theater | Americana, Pop, Singer / Songwriter (January 15)
From press release:
Free National Parks Days 2016
More info: nps.gov
The National Park Service turns 100 years old in 2016 and we want everyone to join the party! On 16 days in ’16, all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.
Mark your calendar for these entrance fee-free* dates in 2016:
- January 18
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 16-24
opening weekend of National Park Week
- August 25-28
National Park Service Birthday
- September 24
National Public Lands Day
- November 11
Only 133 of our country’s 401 national parks usually charge an entrance fee. So start Planning Your Visit!
Crater Lake has inspired people for thousands of years. No place else on earth combines a deep, pure lake, so blue in color; sheer surrounding cliffs, almost two thousand feet high; two picturesque islands; and a violent volcanic past. It is a place of immeasurable beauty, and an outstanding outdoor laboratory and classroom.
Between May 1804 and September 1806, 31 men, one woman, and a baby traveled from the plains of the Midwest to the shores of the Pacific Ocean. They called themselves the Corps of Discovery. In their search for a water route to the Pacific Ocean, they opened a window into the west for the young United States.
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here