From our sponsors:
Kick It Up
Overlook Village Soccer Celebration and Street Fair
August 2, 2014
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. | All Ages
More info: overlookvillagepdx.com
N. Killingsworth Street
between Gay and Concord streets
The Overlook Village Business Association is holding its annual North Killingsworth street fair Saturday, August 2 from 11am-4pm with the theme, “Kick It Up!”, featuring a 3-on-3 soccer tournament to celebrate the Major League Soccer All-Star game happening in Portland (Aug 6). Events take place between Gay and Concord streets on North Killingsworth.
Four live bands, the ever-popular dog costume contest, classic car show, knit-along, food, vendors and special offers and discounts at participating Overlook Village businesses are all part of the celebration, along with the soccer tournament. Several restaurants and bars will also have MLS All-Star game viewing parties on August 6. More information, including online soccer tournament registration and vendor sign-up, is at www.overlookvillagepdx.com.
“Having the All-Star soccer game in Portland is a great opportunity to capture some of that excitement and call attention to our often overlooked neighborhood and our great group of businesses,” explains Matt Lagasse, owner of Blend Coffee and co-president of the OVBA together with Chantelle Castle, Operations Manager of United Advantage NW Credit Union. “We hope to attract people from all over Portland, as well as out-of-towners visiting for the big MLS game and looking for something fun to do.”
Primary sponsor funding of the event comes from Venture Portland, along with local businesses Blend Coffee, United Advantage NW Credit Union, Ger-Brock Automotive and additional support from Advanced Finishing, Echo Printworks and Wacker Sanitary.
Three-person teams of soccer players of all skill levels and ages are invited to sign up for the tournament. Children’s teams will play against same age-range teams. Players receive a free Kick It Up! T-shirt. Proceeds from team registration go to Harper’s Playground (http://harpersplayground.org/) and OVBA. Soccer games will be held between Concord and Denver on North Killingsworth Street (closed to traffic that day).
Money-saving deals and discounts from OVBA businesses are listed below, including 10-15% off food, drink, knitting classes, fitness classes, dollars off pizza, massage, and
beauty treatments and more, even BOGO breakfast! Some offers run from Aug 1-8, some are good for the entire month of August (e.g. 10% off multiple purchases on multiple days), some are one-time only. A coupon booklet is available at all participating businesses and coupon must be presented to receive the deal every time.
Deals & Discounts (valid with coupon, available starting Aug 1)
- Atomic Pizza (N. Killingsworth and Hollywood locations) – $2 off large pizza.
- Blend Coffee – 10% off espresso drinks and breakfast sandwiches – anytime through Aug 31, 2014.
- Blooming Moon Spa – $15 off one-hour massage, facial or body treatment – anytime through Aug 31, 2014.
- Edge Fitness – 15% off any Boot Camp Drop-In class.
- Greeley Ave. Bar & Grill – BOGO breakfast or free appetizer with beverage purchase.
- Into Eden Skincare – $10 off any treatment, by appointment only.
- Lucky Lab (N. Killingsworth location only) – Free slice with any beverage purchase – valid Aug 1-8, 2014
- Naked Sheep Knit Shop – 50% off any class with Cheri (valid through Dec 31, 2014); 15% off purchase of materials (valid through Aug 31, 2014)
- The Old Gold – $1 off any beer, house wine or whiskey. Valid Aug 1-8, 2014, not in conjunction with Happy Hour pricing, and not on Rainier.
- Overlook Chiropractic – Complimentary 30 min. massage after chiropractic exam and treatment. Valid through Aug 31, 2014 for new patients only.
- Sole2Sole Reflexology & Massage – $20 for 1Ž2 hour foot reflexology (usually $35), $35 for 1 hr foot reflexology (usually $55), $30 for 1Ž2 hr Tuina massage (usually $40), $55 for 1 hr Tuina massage (usually $70). Valid anytime through Dec. 31, 2014.
- United Advantage NW Credit Union – $10 membership fee waived through Aug 31, 2014. Must live, work or worship in North Portland.
- Urban Pacific Real Estate – Complimentary home evaluation. Overlook residents receive discounted rate of 1.75% for listing through 12/31/14.